Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dev the Saboteur

This short post completes the Dev Trilogy.

Those of you that read the comments appended to my 30th August post, will notice that Dev offered to buy me a number of pints based on the number of wickets I took in Saturday's match.

Just to protect his investment, Dev decided to pour a large jug of water on the line of my run up just before the match started.

At the time I normally come on to bowl, Dev was practically begging our Skipper not to bring me on. He succeeded. Dev himself came on we bowled them out with no contribution from myself. I did take a catch and asked Dev if that counted towards our (very one sided!) bargain. No deal.

I returned to the clubhouse anticipating a dry evening.

Whether the disconsolate expression on my face inspired sympathy, I do not know, but waiting for me by the bar was a grinning Dev, holding two pints of cold lager.

Good effort mate.

No comments: